16.3.2008

Knitting the flu away


The flu just won't leave me alone. I've been trying to take it easy, leaving the household as it is and doing only things which are not more physical that sitting, like knitting and reading magazines and blogs.

Because I didn't have the right size and length of circular needles at home for my Koigu beret, there was a change in plans. The boldly vibrant Koigu Merino is now on my needles and slowly taking the form of a lace hat for Elsi. With 2.5mm needles the process seems to be very time consuming. She'll be possibly able to wear this at the end of summer instead of spring, because I really need to get the cardigans for my girls done first. This project is purely for the fun of knitting with this yarn. I hope the size will fit her, because both the yarn and needles are different from the original pattern. With my fever, I'm really not in the mood for checking the gauge and measuring the hat according to it. This project goes by the feeling and just for the record I suck in math.

Sitting around at home has made me to do something, I haven't done in a couple of years. I took to the daylight my lino-printing stuff. Carved a new printing blog and went crazy printing with it. I wonder, why I had such a long break out of doing it. The hardest part was keeping my toddler out of the paint, out of eating the paint and out of painting everything with the paint. Luckily, the paint I'm using is as non-toxic as this stuff gets. Well, it seems though that I won't get these posted as cards before Easter, because tomorrow I really need to get back to work, no matter how I'm feeling.





8 kommenttia:

Unknown kirjoitti...

I just saw an embroidered reindeer in one of your older posts and it is a fave of the week! The birds of the lino-cut come straight after it.

Liivia kirjoitti...

Oih, nämä ovat ihan ÄLYTTÖMÄN IHANIA lintuja! Vihreät suosikkejani!

Merruli kirjoitti...

magdalena: thank you so much!

Liivia: Kiitos ja punastus. Itse olin yllättynyt siitä, kuinka hauskaa keltaisten tekeminen oli, taitaa olla pääsiäisen aiheuttamaa.

Anonyymi kirjoitti...

I just love your birds. The Koigu colours is great too! Happy Easter.

violet kirjoitti...

Jaaha, mitäs tarvikkeita tarttis ostaa jotta saisi itselleen uuden villityksen?;-)
Vaikuttaa erityisen mukavalta.
Joku käsitys mulla on tuosta touhusta mutta liian hatara.

Merruli kirjoitti...

mette: Thank you and the best Easter time to you as well!

Violet:Tottahan toki sinunkin on tätä kokeiltava, on näet siinä määrin mukavaa puuhaa! Sinulta varmaan löytyisikin suurin osa tarvittavasta materiaalista taidetarvikkeistasi. Olen joskus käyttänyt linovärien sijasta akryylejakin, vaikka kuivuvat eri lailla ja eivät levity levylle telalla yhtä helposti.Tavallinen lattialinoleumi (kunhan ei ole megakovaa) ja jonkinlainen kaiverrussetti olisivat hyvä alku.Värin saa parhaiten levylle kumitelalla lasi-tai akryylilevyn kautta.Ja muistakin raportoida tulokset ;o)

melissa kirjoitti...

these are so neat! you MUST do more linocuts- you have such a talent for them!

Merruli kirjoitti...

Thank you Melissa! I wish you a happy Easter